Sunday, February 3, 2008

T-28

Today we are full term! This is it, the end goal, the last chapter, the goal line. In less than a month (God willing) there will be a new person in our family bringing us to three. It's all way too much for me to handle.

Ever since we found out when Peanut was due my gut told me that he would not be a March baby. I don't know why but I just never believed that he would be. Now of course I could be setting myself up for being two weeks over due then induced. In fact knowing how I operate I probably am. So in reality I could have another 30 ish days left. Of course I'll be totally insane at that point and Peanuts Daddy will probably be begging his son to please come out so mommy stops being a giant screaming crazy lady. Not that there aren't already days where he's not doing just that.

I have finally gotten to a point where I'm wanting to eat larger portions of food than I ever have before. I mean, I've been hungrier all this time but never before could I polish off a plate of nachos then a Chimmighanga at a Mexican restaurant and still want dessert. Poor Pman's Daddy because he's used to having all the left overs to plow through and I simply don't leave any anymore.

I have however, been trying to curb the instinct to mow through a giant bag of chips then a bag of chocolate. I'm eating breakfast. I've never eaten breakfast before I go to work. I get up too late. But I've found I can whip up Malt O Meal as I get my make up on then watch the news (snow, snow and more snow 'round here) before heading into work. This doesn't mean I'm not ready to rip apart my kitchen for food at lunch time but it will stave that instinct off for an extra hour or so.

The cats must know something is going on. Both of them must have me in their sights at all times. In fact one is poised waiting for my hand to come off the keyboard to manipulate the mouse. I think they think mommy's sick. Who really knows though. What I do know is that both of them are going to have a lot to adjust too in a few short weeks.

No comments: