Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First a funny

Me: Are those chocolates hiding on top of the cabinets?

Husband: No those are Christmas butter knives.

Me: Oh 'cause they look like chocolate and now I want chocolate. And Mexcian. I've been craving a burrito for weeks now.

Husband: So you want a chocolate covered burrito?

Me: No why on earth would you think that

Husband: Because every day you get more crazy. Like Nixon.

Me: walks away.

***

Husband returns home from a business trip. "My God I'd forgotten how huge you are!!"

Me: ... That's probably the only time in your life you can get away with that.

Husband: Well if your pregnancy means you can get away with some stuff then I can too!

****

So I'm still cooking and my doctor thinks that it'll be at least another week. That's good because right now Peanut's Daddy has taken to yelling at my tummy for him to stay put. I keep telling him that's not going to do any good but he won't listen. He's just worried he'll have a frantic in pain wife screaming at him while he drives us to the hospital in a snow storm. Given that we've had at least an inch of snow damn near every day the chances are great he'll be doing just that.

I'm trying to drill the plan into both our heads along with different things that could happen. He's at work, I'm at work, he's in another city, I'm at home, middle of the night. Really it's more for my comfort so I know there is a plan and that there are other options if something doesn't go the way it's supposed too.

The big thing is my determination to get things organized and clean before I go into labor. Right now his nursery is full of stuff that is in need of a home and a place. We've gotten a lot done but even more will need to be done. Even Peanut's Goddaddy will be in on the act. So much laundry to do too. But I've gotten the bulk of it done.

Most of all I'm glad I don't work 40 hours a week. I don't know how women do it because at this point Thursday's of sleepy day time are so precious to me I resent having to take a shower much less get out of bed.

No comments: