Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ever get so hungry you'd teat a box of mints?

This, by far, has been the biggest surprise to me about having a baby. I get so hungry that I will do anything I can to find some sort of food to swallow. And almost anything will do so long as you can have it now not later. My husband has been adjusting to that learning curve. Where in the past he could wait a few hours before getting dinner now he has about 15 minutes before I go into complete melt down yelling for the Whopper I asked for. I just can't wait.

Though, I can't decide if the urge to eat or the urge to pee is greater yet. They are probably about the same in urgency though one is more embarrassing than the other. I was a person who avoided public restrooms at all costs no matter what. I can no longer be that picky. I went to the state fair last evening because, as I told my friend on the phone there was food there. Even though it was in the upper 80's with a good deal of stickiness in the air I still needed to pee about every hour to two hours. It was s source of great amusement to my so called friends.

Though I must be honest now. No matter how many times I wonder if candle wax is filling or how often I rush out of my office in a hurry I never really resent these impositions. I never though I'd have a baby. My husband and I had given those thoughts up long ago and had gotten used to being a two and not a three. While I may laugh, get irritated or vomit my mostly decaf coffee back up most days I can't really get over the wonder of it all.

1 comment:

Quack said...

I always pee before I eat. I hate to be distracted from my food by a full (or danced-upon) bladder. But that might just be personal preference.
~Sara